More than 1,300 jobs were pencilled for elimination at IBM. Alliance@IBM, a group working to form a union at the company, reports that 1,135 employees and an unknown number of contractors have been notified their job will be eliminated. The job cuts are at IBM sites in New York, Connecticut, Colorado and Kentucky and home-based …
Those aren't "resources" those are human beings
Sad. The company that once promised employment for life now considers its employees "resources". I happen to attend church in New York with a number of them, and I can verify that they are actual human beings.
as an employee of IBM, this is nothing new. I've seen dept after dept get shrunk across the board, including my own, to now there's 2 people in my department to support 2,000 users.
sucks, but it's how the corporate world is.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK