More than 1,300 jobs were pencilled for elimination at IBM. Alliance@IBM, a group working to form a union at the company, reports that 1,135 employees and an unknown number of contractors have been notified their job will be eliminated. The job cuts are at IBM sites in New York, Connecticut, Colorado and Kentucky and home-based …
Those aren't "resources" those are human beings
Sad. The company that once promised employment for life now considers its employees "resources". I happen to attend church in New York with a number of them, and I can verify that they are actual human beings.
as an employee of IBM, this is nothing new. I've seen dept after dept get shrunk across the board, including my own, to now there's 2 people in my department to support 2,000 users.
sucks, but it's how the corporate world is.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?