Feeds

back to article Russians tell aliens to suck on a fat one

Doubtless inspired by the UK's huge farmer's arse, Russian wags recently decided to send a message of their own to visiting aliens, and have succeeded in getting their greeting onto Yahoo! Maps: "Cock" as seen atop Russian flats on Yahoo! Maps For those of you not up to speed on Russian sexual slang, хуй translates as "cock …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gold badge

For God's sake!

I know it may have sounded like a good idea to run a "cock gag" theme (wranking-cock, downloader-small-coc and now this), but surely there's only so much cock you can expect us to take in one day?

Oops, sorry....

Tim

Stupid Story, Reg Stoops to nonsense.

Must be a VERY slow news day. Going to chance the name of the "rag " to The Register Tabloid"??

Cock

or "Dick" if you're google.

Cock is listed as Петух

Knew I'd find something on the translation service one day that worked!

Anonymous Coward

Dick

If you're Google.

Cock comes up as Петух - knew googles translations would actually work for something one day!

Anonymous Coward

Thanks, Beavis, and thank you too, Butthead

Heh...heh-heh...he said "suck"...heh-heh...heh-heh-heh

Only one meaning

Just a little more info on this exciting topic. Unlike "cock", "хуй" has only one meaning. It is meant to be a vulgar word in all contexts. Also, it means the same thing in other slavic languages as well - so many peoples can now rejoice in seeing their favorite word in Yahoo maps !

Additionally, a very useful but often neglected property of this word, is that it can be spelled in latin alphabet like this = "xyu", and thus cleverly disguised as a mathematical equation.

Anonymous Coward

How they did it.

A story (in Russian only comments, but with pictures) how they have done with this gag:

http://3bl3bl.livejournal.com/89141.html

Anonymous Coward

Russian Graffiti

I'm all for it. While some may argue this was a pointless stunt, it is also harmless. And, in my opinion, funny and amusing...

Anonymous Coward

Finally!!!

... Conclusive proof that someone in Russia actually does have a sense of humor!

If that spells cock!

If xyn spells cock I wonder what spells pompous bellend, Which is what most of these people complaining on the no IT angle are :)

Bronze badge

Stupid Story, Reg Stoops to nonsense

Shurely the shortest stoop in living memory?

I'll get me coat

This topic is closed for new posts.