Microsoft has released IronRuby, an implementation, an implementation of the fast-growing scripting language Ruby, on the .NET Framework. IronRuby follows Microsoft's implementation of Python, called IronPython, released last year on .NET. The languages run on .NET's Common Language Runtime (CLR) via Microsoft's new Dynamic …
... but some languages are more equal than others
so ms are offering 'open source' Python and Ruby on clr now and PHP soon - pity they steadfastly refuse to requests from the Foxpro community to make that language available either as open source or re-written for the clr.
Can't find it on MS
I can't find any recent reference to Iron Ruby either at MSDN or Microsoft.com...
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass