Microsoft has released IronRuby, an implementation, an implementation of the fast-growing scripting language Ruby, on the .NET Framework. IronRuby follows Microsoft's implementation of Python, called IronPython, released last year on .NET. The languages run on .NET's Common Language Runtime (CLR) via Microsoft's new Dynamic …
... but some languages are more equal than others
so ms are offering 'open source' Python and Ruby on clr now and PHP soon - pity they steadfastly refuse to requests from the Foxpro community to make that language available either as open source or re-written for the clr.
Can't find it on MS
I can't find any recent reference to Iron Ruby either at MSDN or Microsoft.com...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media