Microsoft has released IronRuby, an implementation, an implementation of the fast-growing scripting language Ruby, on the .NET Framework. IronRuby follows Microsoft's implementation of Python, called IronPython, released last year on .NET. The languages run on .NET's Common Language Runtime (CLR) via Microsoft's new Dynamic …
... but some languages are more equal than others
so ms are offering 'open source' Python and Ruby on clr now and PHP soon - pity they steadfastly refuse to requests from the Foxpro community to make that language available either as open source or re-written for the clr.
Can't find it on MS
I can't find any recent reference to Iron Ruby either at MSDN or Microsoft.com...
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory