The man who advises five New York public pension funds is calling on Google to stop caving in to Chinese censorship demands. New York City Comptroller William C Thompson Jnr has submitted a shareholder proposal to be voted on at Google's Annual General Meeting on 10 May. Traditionally very few, if any, shareholders vote at …
Board recommends voting "Against"
If you read the proxy statement for the AGM, it's interesting to note that the google board of directors recommends voting AGAINST the proposal. While voting against shareholder proposals is common, it still blows my mind that such relatively simple proposals could be so disliked by the board. Of course it'll make Google struggle a bit in China, but it's the struggle that's important.
"Do no evil" isn't enough. It'd be nice to see Google step up to "Do good."
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests