Gateway let slip a quad core desktop into some major US retail outlets today. It's called the Gateway FX, it costs from $2099.99 and - as you will guess from the price tag, it is aimed at the PC enthusiast and "digital creation" markets. The base spec includes Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processors, 512MB ATI Radeon X1950 CrossFire …
Hateful comments welcomed.
Mac pro Configured with 2 GB of Ram, 2 2.66 Ghz processors dual core XEONS on a 1333 MHz bus, a 500 GB HD, compared to the dell with 1 Quad core Processor at 2.66 on a 1066 MHz bus. Mac = $200 cheaper.
Thanks for letting us know that
That's nice. There's two problems:
1) Your Mac breaks and Apple rapes you up the butt to fix it.
2) My software does not work on OSX.
I am so glad that people use anal violation as a highly technical and logical explanation of things. It gives it that "mature" air, don't you think? I know when someone comes across as a 13 year old to me, that inspires me to base my purchasing decisions on their word.
P.S. Boot camp.
Anyways, you know it as well as I do, Clay. The attempts to pin the old "overpriced" label, regardless of reality, remain. Thus Gateway's bit about "extremely expensive propositions from boutique specialists." Remember! Save 20% on the price by getting half the machine!
... Mr Garland's comment simply isn't true. A Mac Pro configured as he suggests would be $2,927. Add a X1950 and it's $3,176. There's no option to add two X1950s, to actually take it up to the same spec, as apple don't support crossfire or SLI.
You can check all of this at store.apple.com if you doubt me.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones