James Doohan, the actor better known as Star Trek's Scotty, made it across the final frontier this Saturday when his ashes were launched into space aboard a 20 foot rocket. Doohan's cremated remains have been waiting for this trip since the actor passed away from Alzheimer's and pneumonia two years ago. Various technical …
A bit sad for the guy that Nasa could not really put him into space. It looks like a failed maiden trip of the enterprise now.
Opportunity for PR
It would be a wonderfully PR exercise for China to provide a few grams of payload for notable ashes on their moon shot.
But he won't remain in space?
Oh wait, I get it .... "Captain! We don't have the power!!! We need more dilithium crystals!!!"
I would've sent his ashes to the ISS at least. I hope there are true space-launching capsules (as in staying on space) by the time I die...
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops