back to article EVGA 680i LT SLI nForce-based motherboard

For some time, Nvidia's 600 family of chipsets has had a gaping chasm between the nForce 650i SLI, which typically sells for £90, and the nForce 680i SLI, which starts at £165. Enter the 680i LT SLI chipset, a budget version of the 680i SLI. EVGA Nforce 680i LT SLI EVGA's nForce 680i LT SLI board from the front As the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why?

Excellent review, though for the reference boards why didn't you try a manual overclock aswell as the ntune?

Ntune is pants at overclocking.

2. Leo Waldock

We did, we just kept the results to ourselves as they were a bit dull

We tried a quick and dirty manual overclock of the FSB with both EVGA boards and got nowhere which is a bit grim when both the Abit 650i SLI and Asus 680i SLI yielded an easy overclock.

Also, the performance charts were already plenty confused so adding any more lines seemed like a bad idea.

A few extra points:

1- I (that's Leo rather than The Reg) won't entertain overclocking unless it is 100percent stable and reliable with a minimal risk of fritzing hardware, so I stay clear of voltage changes if humanly possible.

2- The 680i LT has very little in its favour if you discount nTune. I feel that the test results show that you CAN discount nTune in which case you can forget about the LT and plump for a 650i SLI.

3- Perhaps it's coincidence but if you go here

http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce_600i.html

there's no 'further information' on the 650i SLI

buy now while stocks last

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like