UK top level domain registry Nominet has tapped boffins at Oxford Brookes University to help it tackle spam and data theft aimed at .uk domains. The partnership is being funded by government cash from the Department of Trade and Industry, and will create two new anti-abuse jobs at Nominet. The University's researchers will …
Oxford Brookes???? Gawd help us
This is the "University" which got an email virus (about 2002) and had no strategy to stop it spreading, allowing it to spread unchecked from internal account to internal account for days before finally switching of their mail servers, and (presumably) buying new ones, they were so clueless.
Academics, not helpdesk
Any virus outbreak would have been handled by Computer Services, leaving academic staff free to tread the corridors of their new offices at the Wheatley campus wearing jesus creeper sandles.
Will develop algorithms for sandals
Hey! How did you know we wear sandals?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs