UK top level domain registry Nominet has tapped boffins at Oxford Brookes University to help it tackle spam and data theft aimed at .uk domains. The partnership is being funded by government cash from the Department of Trade and Industry, and will create two new anti-abuse jobs at Nominet. The University's researchers will …
Oxford Brookes???? Gawd help us
This is the "University" which got an email virus (about 2002) and had no strategy to stop it spreading, allowing it to spread unchecked from internal account to internal account for days before finally switching of their mail servers, and (presumably) buying new ones, they were so clueless.
Academics, not helpdesk
Any virus outbreak would have been handled by Computer Services, leaving academic staff free to tread the corridors of their new offices at the Wheatley campus wearing jesus creeper sandles.
Will develop algorithms for sandals
Hey! How did you know we wear sandals?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN