Former Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) Chairman Jack Valenti is dead following complications of a stroke suffered in March. The voice of the MPAA for nearly 40 years, Valenti's public career began during the Johnson administration, when he served as an advisor and confidant to the late President. Valenti is best …
In my respect I here by present a wreath made from Illegal DVDs, I'm sorry bad joke
He personified all that's wrong in the IP world today
Hollywood could have owned the content explosion that is the web today. By their actions and inactions, they have relegated themselves to the trash heap of history. Too bad the MPAA, under Mr Valenti, failed to grasp this.
So long Jack, we knew ye all too well..
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month