IBM aims to kick some life back into the sputtering market for IPTV by making it easier for European ISPs - desperate as they are to differentiate themselves from their rivals - to buy and build Internet video services. The company claims that service providers are keen to add TV, but don't have time or expertise to do it …
Does it compare
Can you tell us how this compare to Sun's recent press release. Is it bigger and better or something else??? With the joint wallet snatching ability of IBM and Cisco, you know it is going to be very expensive, and will lock you in for years.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide