How do you tell a real hardware geek from a crowd of dilettantes? The genuine article will be found reading a review of over a hundred PC power supply units. As for the true hardware geek, he's the guy that wrote it... Step forward then, Belgian Stephane Charpentier, who's just published an evaluation of 105 PSUs (in French), …
I love the fact that google site translator seems to translate PSU to food. Reads like a review of 105 types of food!
alimentation = food...
... in English too.
Alimentation = "The act of supplying food and nourishment".
To give nourishment to a computer is to supply power, hence French Alimentation is English Power Supply Unit. C'est loquique.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court