back to article Enraged AC Milan fan eBays goalie Dida

A disgruntled AC Milan fan attempted to eBay the team's Brazilian goalkeeper following the poor bloke's series of blunders which saw Manchester United celebrate a 3-2 win in the first leg of the Champions League semis, Reuters reports. Thirty-three-year-old netminder Dida has been taking a bit of stick of late over a "series of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This is not Hockey...

"Thirty-three-year-old netminder Dida has been taking a bit of stick of late..."

Netminder?!? I dont know if you noticed but this is an article on Football, therefore the term is "Goalkeeper", "'keeper" or "Goalie".

Americanisations everywhere, I dont know...

Anonymous Coward

Hmmm ...

Isn't hockey Canadian by birth?

Even though there are far more teams on US soil, I'd wager a bet that a greater number of people follow it in Canada than the US (which is sad - I like hockey, myself).

"Football"?

"Netminder?!? I dont know if you noticed but this is an article on Football, therefore the term is "Goalkeeper", "'keeper" or "Goalie"."

You must be nuts. This is an article on Soccer. Football doesn't have 'Netminders', 'Goalkeepers', 'keepers', or 'Goalies'.

Americanizations failing to penetrate eveywhere. I don't know...

Rick is right- Girl Rugby doesn't have 'Netminders', 'Goalkeepers', 'keepers', or 'Goalies'.

Football does though

I'm trying to figure out some way to bring baseball into this. But I just don't think it can be done.

Canadians don't play Hockey

This is ridiculous. Hockey never originated in Canada. Hockey is another of those fabulous sports which originated in England. I believe Canadians are rather good at a sport called "Ice Hockey". At times, the players can give a puck, to grateful spectators, as a souvenir.

Real hockey, sometimes mistakenly Americanized as "Field Hockey", only has one person completely insulated against the possibility of pain, thanks to astronaut-sized body armour. Unlike "American Football", a game started by a big punt.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums