Sony will bring the PlayStation 3 version of its Eye web and gaming cam to market this summer time. The T-shaped unit has a bigger microphone than image grabber, thanks to a noise-cancelling four-microphone array. Sony Eye for PlayStation 3 Why take four microphones into a video chat when you can take one? The new Eye can …
Niot particularly stylish though, is it?
I can understand why the microphone array is so much bigger than the lens and that it's all on a pivot so it can be directed at the action but does it really have to look like an old Logitech webcam with an elextric razor head stuck on the top?
Maybe in the style of a certain mouse manufacturer this could be called the Razer Head? Just a thought...
still no Guitar Hero..
Having worked with the old eyetoy at university I would advise moderate illumination since the old one was very prone to 'fade to white' effects with no more light than was provided by the strip lights on in a lab.
The room shouldn't be too dark but if it glitches try turning off a light or two. Assuming it's based on the old one (which used an ov519 chipset as I recall)
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'