Designers in Japan have developed a working Aliens-style powered exoskeleton, and intend to market it next year. The Japan Times reports that Yoshiyuki Sankai, a professor at the University of Tsukuba, has teamed up with Daiwa House Industry Co to manufacture "400 to 500 suits annually", from 2008. The motorised exoskeleton, a …
Excellent! Fetch the popcorn
I can see the poster now:
'Obaachan versus Gojira'
('Granny versus man in painfully unconvincing rubber suit')
I'd pay to watch that.
When I see the word 'exoskeleton' I think of the following
It's one of the funniest images I have ever seen. The story is also hilarious.
2) Chris Morris and the roboplegic roncock on his Paedophilia "special".
I guess I have a warped mind.
Check out the film called Roujin Z. Clearly this is a project that will lead up to the robotic elder care beds.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media