Designers in Japan have developed a working Aliens-style powered exoskeleton, and intend to market it next year. The Japan Times reports that Yoshiyuki Sankai, a professor at the University of Tsukuba, has teamed up with Daiwa House Industry Co to manufacture "400 to 500 suits annually", from 2008. The motorised exoskeleton, a …
Excellent! Fetch the popcorn
I can see the poster now:
'Obaachan versus Gojira'
('Granny versus man in painfully unconvincing rubber suit')
I'd pay to watch that.
When I see the word 'exoskeleton' I think of the following
It's one of the funniest images I have ever seen. The story is also hilarious.
2) Chris Morris and the roboplegic roncock on his Paedophilia "special".
I guess I have a warped mind.
Check out the film called Roujin Z. Clearly this is a project that will lead up to the robotic elder care beds.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month