Specialist hardware developer Bivio Networks is now targeting UK spooks and service providers with its latest 10Gbit/s programmable deep packet inspection (DPI) engines. The Linux-based Bivio 7000 boxes sport multiple PowerPC processors, and Bivio claims they can be turned to just about any DPI purpose, from security onwards …
Although it's nothing new, this looks like a good attack vector as they become more common. Many high-level protocol implementations have had holes in them exploited; the complexity needed to do DPI promises plenty of compromised DPI devices and DoS attacks.
Good morning GCHQ...
...I know you can hear me. B*STARDS!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM