Amsterdam police this week arrested another 419 cell and confiscated computers, fake travel documents, and bogus banking documents. The five suspects are being held pending extradition to the US, where they could face up to 20 years in prison. The fraudsters in this scheme allegedly fleeced hundreds of victims from the US, …
You Got Snail Mail SPAM
I received my first 419 letter in the post, someone actually paid for a 1st class stamp - which is odd seeing as the lawyer that sent it was a close friend of the recently deceased South African diamond mine owner, and didn't have the necessary paperwork to travel to the US..
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to send the necessary funds to release the $3.6 million held in trust - perhaps someone from El Reg would like to take him up on his most generous offer?
Anyway in the meantime I'll just frame the letter for prosperity..
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix