back to article Teradata Universe in Warsaw

After a couple of days with the Teradata people at its Universe Conference 2007 (22-25 April), I'm seriously impressed. I like Teradata's "one data warehouse" concept, with all the disaggregated data in a normalised store. I like the way it separates the logical views of the data (including the semantic view) from underlying …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

sales tosh

If you trying to show us a fancy new product please save the sales-synergy-tosh for others and can the white-paper trash talk.

I'm a developer.. not a dam clueless exec - so I want to know price, imlementation examples, compatability, scalability, adabaptability... and actual real examples.

Fancy new product?

Teradata has been around for almost as long as I've been in IT (I think Teradata started in 1979); I'm surprised our commenter hasn't heard of it before.

It's sold as a datawarehouse and scalabilty is at least as good as, probably better than, mainframe DB/2 and Oracle. Price? You probably need your "clueless exec" and his/her checkbook; it targets the biggest companies/applications in the world. It's not really playing in the MySQL mass-market space but I suspect that Teradata experts drive very nice cars.

More information on its website; I guess the interesting competition is appliance or packaged datawarehouse from, eg, Netezza, DATAllegro and Kalido.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums