A federally convened task force released a "strategic plan" designed to stem the growing menace of identity theft by toughening criminal laws, improving data retention practices and establishing more effective educational campaigns for individuals and businesses. At least one privacy advocacy group complained the measures fall …
Are you sure it was the Census Bureau??
I'm pretty sure it was the USDA that lost the records in this story, not the Census Bureau.
Census Bureau and now Texas sets itself up
Yes, it was the Census Bureau.
Now a proposal in Texas will collect names, addresses, DL numbers, birth dates and social security numbers in order to get a pre-paid phone. That's a disaster waiting to happen. Of course, all that information will be public records.
And I'm typically handing it to some minimum wage clerk at the neighborhood 7-Eleven.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why