GMTV has suspended its phone-in quizzes amidst reports that viewers were duped into paying to submit entries for competitions that had already closed. Thousands every week for the last four years paid £1.80 each to enter a weekday multiple-choice quiz, offering prizes of up to £20,000, run by the breakfast TV program. According …
Call our complaints line now !
So .... ?
"According to ... Panorama many had no chance of winning " ... whereas those who phoned in before the call handling centre had gone to bed for the night had _virtually_ no chance of winning. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference to me.
OK so it's out-and-out fraud and those responsible should be locked up but I find it difficult to find sympathy for anyone who thinks they stand anything approaching a chance of winning.
Anyway, just make sure that I win that draw you were running for something last week :-)
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab