Researchers from Kasetsart University in Thailand and the US Department of Agriculture Research Service have rather agreeably found that alcohol boosts the antioxidant properties of some fruit, the BBC reports. While investigating ways of keeping fruit fresh during storage, the scientists found that "treating strawberries with …
Fruit and alcohol
Drink red wine, as that too is fermented fruit, but all that looks like an excuse for the researchers to get likkored up on fruit punch...
So, throw your mediterranian diet veggies, ham and wine into the mixer, and follow the lot down with a few glasses of Navy Rum, and voilà, the secret of eternal inebriated life!
Strawberries and Kirsch
A favourite of my gran, that one. She certainly knows her foreign booze...
This is as old as civilisation
The turning of any fruit or vegtable into alcohol is a very old way of preserving it. It means that home-made wine and liquors are far healther than the commercially produced rubbish you find on supermarket shelves that are just empty calories. After I started trying homebrew and making my own extracts I realized just how 'fabricated' the shop stuff tasted.
what is this sweet and fleshy thing you call fruit?
alcohol? now that's something I understand...
Ah how I love you Corona I knew there was a reason that idiot stuck a lime in you. Finally your one of my 5 a day, hell your 5 of my 5 a day.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU