Nokia looks set to bring high-speed downloading to the masses with a low-cost phone equipped with the latest 3G High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) technology. It can pull down songs and videos at up to 3.6Mbps. Nokia 6120 3.6Mbps HSDPA phone Nokia 6120 3.6Mbps HSDPA phone The 86g Nokia 6120 runs the Finnish phone …
Still over priced price plans
Cheap handsets are fine.
But data access is still way too over priced for the people this phone is targetting! Carriers are shotting themselfs in the foot by being to greedy, would not more reasonable prices bring in a more realistic customer base?
"But data access is still way too over priced for the people this phone is targetting"
Definitely, but the situation is far better than it was just a few years ago.
I'd compare it to calls, they used to cost a ridiculous amount but nowadays they're much more reasonable in every country.
The thing slowing this down is a lack of competition, caused by phone locking and 2 year contracts. People can't easily switch carriers the way they can switch ISPs, so the prices stay high.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix