American surgeons will carry out a realistic simulation of zero-gee robotic surgery next month, the Associated Press reports. The US Department of Defense (DoD) "Raven" robo-surgeon is being developed with the intention of treating injured soldiers on far-flung battlefields where no human doc may be available. It reportedly …
Here Goes ...!!
Equipment designed by someone who thinks it's "not undoable?"
God help them.
Imagine the risk of ..
Ping of death
Blue screen of death
Catching a virus
(to anyone who knows the Killfrog.com "Doc" ;-) )
What happens when you have a squadron of battle-doc's operating on a squad of injured SEALS, and some enterprising b*gger detonates an <insert EMP generating nuke here> device, and the robots start transforming the soldiers into Doom 3 Stroggs, or just let them bleed to death? Could the DOD insert a EMP-hardened voice chip that plays "You're screwed" in an infinate loop when the magnetic field exceeds 2 Teslas before cutting out?
Be better than the robots running over the battlefield bleeping "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!" wielding dental instruments and carbide bladed saws...
Also, would the control console have a battery level and motorola like beep-beep low battery warning? It would be a bit of a shame for the battery do die during the in-the-field heart bypass...
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass