Mark your diaries now for some shooting stars this weekend, as the annual Lyrid meteor shower is coming to town. The Lyrids are one of the oldest known meteor showers, with records going back to 687BC (thank you ancient Chinese astronomers). The number of meteors in any shower has diminished over the years, but it could still …
Sure, It might look good that night
But you better have your white cane and dog ready for the next day.
Oh, and stay away from gardens.
You perhaps allude to... Day of the Triffids?
A Cuban cigar for Eric
Good guess Eric, Your no doubt an old guy like me.
But of course
seawater will see you right !
Well if you watched the abomination of a film that had the title it will, yet another example of Hollywood taking a great book and throwing out any semblance to the original story.
Your right Graham, The film was a shocker compared to the book.
BTW Wasn't there a made for TV series that followed the book closer, It's all so long ago now.
FYI The movie was on late night TV a few weeks back, I had to watch, If only to remember how bad it was.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS