back to article Afghanistan succumbs to killer virus hoax

The killer mobile phone virus panic which last week gripped Pakistan had by Monday spread to Afghanistan, with rumours circulating that several people in Kabul had succumbed to the message of death over the weekend. Pakistan's mobile operators were inundated with calls from concerned customers after they received a hoax message …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reminds me of

that deadly joke from Monthy Python ...

2. Robert Ramsay

...or possibly...

Stephen King's new bestseller "Cell"?

3. Sean Healey

...maybe even...

'The Ring'

- which features a video which if watched condemns you to die 7 days later.

4. Gordon Fecyk

Americans were no better ten years ago. Can you say, "Good Times?"

Such (short) memories....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hit back when you can!

For some time now I've been deliberately chatting politely to those Indian idiots who phone out of the blue and offer me a free mobile phone. You know, the sometimes barely comprehensible nutters, they usually ring in the late afternoon or evening and demand to know if I have a mobile and how much do I spend per month/week...

I've been introducing into the conversation a brief reference to a story on BBC radio 4 about a 'killer virus' in Indian call centres, and asking if the person ringing has noticed many of their colleagues away sick currently.

It beats just shouting a F**K OFF and putting the phone down, and I DO hope its getting through to them :-)

P.

6. Tom

Good Times

Good Times was supposed to kill your computer, not kill you. From the way this story is written it suggests people don't think their phone will get a deadly virus, but that they themselves will.

This topic is closed for new posts.