Pipex told investors today its underlying profits suffered in 2006 because of borrowing to pay for rival ISPs Bulldog and Toucan, and home phone outfit Homecall. Pre-tax profits, hit by bigger interest payments, sank to £4.8m, from £5.1m a year earlier. Margins fell away too, from 46 per cent in 2005 to 38.2 per cent last year …
Their profit would have been even less....
if Pipex's billing department actually knew how to refund customers they'd overcharged.
The Hoff has let me down :(
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015