Security researchers have discovered samples of adware posing as ActiveX controls that allow voyeurs to watch online smut. The ploy used by ImageAccesActiveXObject represents a new tactic in the battle to infect users' PCs, according to anti-virus firm Panda Software. The malware infects Windows PCs when users visit hacker- …
[I]The malware infects Windows PCs...[/I]
I have seen a lot of "erotic pictures", and have never been infected...
Are they serious?
What the feck? Are they really serious in saying this is the first time they've seen such malware?
This is 2007, this kind of malware has been floating around since pre-Firefox. It's the reason they introduced the bar at the top to warn about ActiveX Control's being installed.
So, what this article says is basically Panda's AV software is years behind the rest. Nice!
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait