Security researchers have discovered samples of adware posing as ActiveX controls that allow voyeurs to watch online smut. The ploy used by ImageAccesActiveXObject represents a new tactic in the battle to infect users' PCs, according to anti-virus firm Panda Software. The malware infects Windows PCs when users visit hacker- …
[I]The malware infects Windows PCs...[/I]
I have seen a lot of "erotic pictures", and have never been infected...
Are they serious?
What the feck? Are they really serious in saying this is the first time they've seen such malware?
This is 2007, this kind of malware has been floating around since pre-Firefox. It's the reason they introduced the bar at the top to warn about ActiveX Control's being installed.
So, what this article says is basically Panda's AV software is years behind the rest. Nice!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers