Skype's Instant messaging client has once again been misused as a vector to spread malware. The Pykse-A worm is spreading via Skype instant messages, posing as a chat message linking to a website featuring racy picture of a young, scantily-clad woman. Clicking on these messages does display pics of a model wearing black …
Once again, no list of affected OS's
Skype is available for windows, os x, linux. Are all affected? If not, why are you being coy? If this were a mac or linux problem, you'd be trumpeting but you're curiously silent when it's windows. How about being journalists instead of shills?
What a waste of time
Frankly put, sending links to smut is really worth nothing. I mean if you really want to find skin pics, Google is more than happy to comply. Gosh just search for "girl" or "bikini" and I'm sure you'll have opened the door to hours and hours of smut-surfing fun.
When it's that easy, what is the incentive to click on yet another smut link ? From someone you don't even know ?
Only a moron would blindly trust such a thing.
Oh, right. There's millions of those. Well this could just have an influence after all. So when are we going to hear that Skype is being sued for allowing people to send links and attachments ?
For further information, follow links in articles
If you follow the link in the article you'll find that the full name of the virus is IM-Worm:W32/Pykse.A according to F-Secure - almost certainly windows only.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base