Nexsan and Reldata have linked up to produce an IP-based unified storage system that offers both SAN and NAS capabilities, and will be sold by both companies' dealers. According to Reldata boss Dr Boris Anderer, the joint product - called Unified Smart Storage - is a complete system in its own right, not merely a bundle. He …
No Drivers...No Systems. No Systems .......Drivers Lead.
Sounds like a Hot Rodding Driver Garage. Horse Power for Course PathFinder.
have these people looked at disk prices recently? raw storage costs about $250/TB, so everyone with half a brain is wondering what's worth the 10x markup. sure, you have to put the disks _in_ something, and yes, there still is some modest value in 15k rpm and 24x7 vs 9-5 duty-cycles. but disk is cheap, and particularly at the block level, may not make sense to try to centralize. especially if you consider performance. there is significant value in providing multiprotocol, shared file-level access, especially with features like snapshots, replication, multisite caching, etc. but those are largely a small matter of programming, and therefore hard to charge arms or legs for...
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars