Feeds

back to article Roaming cuts by summer, but other price rises on cards?

The EU's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy has voted overwhelmingly in support of the proposed cap on EU-wide roaming charges, fixing the price at €0.40 for outgoing, and €0.15 for incoming calls. While the EU generally tries to avoid interfering with prices, especially in competitive markets, the feeling was that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Guy

Out Of Europe can't get "even more expensive"

If it doesn't cover charges to elsewhere in the world, its not going to change much....last year my mobile operator tried to charge £9.15 for two calls that I missed on holiday and ringback tried to get hold of me in mauritius...........and that was with cancelling the calls apparently the calls lasted 1 second and 2 seconds

Data

The next thing we need is a cap on data charges. There are already plenty of services and functions available via data connections, however roaming prices for these are near to extortionate!

Silver badge

"While the EU generally tries to avoid interfering with prices"

Must be a different EU to the one I've been reading about, then. They love interfering in prices, though most of the time they do it indirectly by creating regulations that will alter pricing (usually forcing them up). The EU just loves interfering in general. Bureacrats.

This topic is closed for new posts.