The EU's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy has voted overwhelmingly in support of the proposed cap on EU-wide roaming charges, fixing the price at €0.40 for outgoing, and €0.15 for incoming calls. While the EU generally tries to avoid interfering with prices, especially in competitive markets, the feeling was that …
Out Of Europe can't get "even more expensive"
If it doesn't cover charges to elsewhere in the world, its not going to change much....last year my mobile operator tried to charge £9.15 for two calls that I missed on holiday and ringback tried to get hold of me in mauritius...........and that was with cancelling the calls apparently the calls lasted 1 second and 2 seconds
The next thing we need is a cap on data charges. There are already plenty of services and functions available via data connections, however roaming prices for these are near to extortionate!
"While the EU generally tries to avoid interfering with prices"
Must be a different EU to the one I've been reading about, then. They love interfering in prices, though most of the time they do it indirectly by creating regulations that will alter pricing (usually forcing them up). The EU just loves interfering in general. Bureacrats.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...