Technorati has announced its first acquisition in a deal giving publishers and advertisers fresh ways to make money from social networks and media. Technorati, which claims to track 72 million blogs, has purchased news and content aggregation and ranking start-up The Personal Bee. Berkeley, California-based Personal Bee will be …
I can't wait to see the outcome
This is going to be interesting. I've seen prototype mash-ups of this ilk in the past, but Technorati have the resources to do it far more accurately than anyone who has attempted this so far.
Will we see a Running Man style "popularity index" for celebrities? And how will our A-list celebs feel when years of social climbing amounts to less than some teenager on youtube who got famous by dancing like a tard?
And will they get it working right before google labs churns out something identical?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON