Technorati has announced its first acquisition in a deal giving publishers and advertisers fresh ways to make money from social networks and media. Technorati, which claims to track 72 million blogs, has purchased news and content aggregation and ranking start-up The Personal Bee. Berkeley, California-based Personal Bee will be …
I can't wait to see the outcome
This is going to be interesting. I've seen prototype mash-ups of this ilk in the past, but Technorati have the resources to do it far more accurately than anyone who has attempted this so far.
Will we see a Running Man style "popularity index" for celebrities? And how will our A-list celebs feel when years of social climbing amounts to less than some teenager on youtube who got famous by dancing like a tard?
And will they get it working right before google labs churns out something identical?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system