Technorati has announced its first acquisition in a deal giving publishers and advertisers fresh ways to make money from social networks and media. Technorati, which claims to track 72 million blogs, has purchased news and content aggregation and ranking start-up The Personal Bee. Berkeley, California-based Personal Bee will be …
I can't wait to see the outcome
This is going to be interesting. I've seen prototype mash-ups of this ilk in the past, but Technorati have the resources to do it far more accurately than anyone who has attempted this so far.
Will we see a Running Man style "popularity index" for celebrities? And how will our A-list celebs feel when years of social climbing amounts to less than some teenager on youtube who got famous by dancing like a tard?
And will they get it working right before google labs churns out something identical?
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display