The European Commission, pushed by the European Council, neglected its statutory obligation to ensure its initiatives are democratically accountable, transparent, and planned wisely, when considering plans for police data sharing the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) said yesterday. The EDPS took the unusual step of …
I trust Romanian Police with my Life
But all policemen have halos and all suspects are terrorists who drink the blood of innocent children and kill cute puppies.
So it's perfectly OK to have no democratic oversight, and no civil protections in it.
Merely discussing privacy issues emboldens the terrorists. If you start discussing data protection issues, it will italicize them too.
Let me underline that the data could never be abused, so let us strike-through these objects and move on.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…