Feeds

back to article NHS patient site set for summer launch

A new patient choice website, including patient reviews of hospitals, has been announced by health secretary Patricia Hewitt. She announced that NHS Choices will go live during the summer. It is being developed by Dr Foster Intelligence, LBi and Sapient, following an invitation to tender in January. "Patients will soon be able …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Librians?

Since when where Libery staff qualified to help with medical conditions?

Anonymous Coward

Which Summer though?

I notice the article doesnt say which summer :)

Librarians

John, you've obviously never set foot inside a medical library!

Qualified librarians working in a healthcare environment are usually experts at pinpointing relevant information, using their own knowledge and experience, as well as a host of databases and other online systems..... And as the article says:

"In addition, from 11 April around 30 libraries in 10 local authority areas will run pilots in which library staff will help patients to choose hospitals for treatments online."

So, helping Joe Public pick a hospital by comparing - for example - waiting times, isn't exactly rocket science anyway...

Disclaimer: I'm not a librarian, but I am married to one, and am on very good terms with the staff at my local NHS library, so I had to stick up for their profession!

This topic is closed for new posts.