Music player maker Creative has been told not to claim its Xmod sound-enhancement system can take an MP3 track and make it sound better than a CD - at least until it can prove that's the case. The wrist-slapping came from the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after an audio engineer objected to Creative's claim, made …
"However, the ASA sided with Creative on this one... 24-bit quantisation at 96kHz - was within the range used by studio-specific equipment."
But Creative claims 'An Experience BEYOND Studio Quality' (my emphasis).
So it is within and beyond the specified range at the same time? How can that be?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs