Music player maker Creative has been told not to claim its Xmod sound-enhancement system can take an MP3 track and make it sound better than a CD - at least until it can prove that's the case. The wrist-slapping came from the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after an audio engineer objected to Creative's claim, made …
"However, the ASA sided with Creative on this one... 24-bit quantisation at 96kHz - was within the range used by studio-specific equipment."
But Creative claims 'An Experience BEYOND Studio Quality' (my emphasis).
So it is within and beyond the specified range at the same time? How can that be?
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene