Music player maker Creative has been told not to claim its Xmod sound-enhancement system can take an MP3 track and make it sound better than a CD - at least until it can prove that's the case. The wrist-slapping came from the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after an audio engineer objected to Creative's claim, made …
"However, the ASA sided with Creative on this one... 24-bit quantisation at 96kHz - was within the range used by studio-specific equipment."
But Creative claims 'An Experience BEYOND Studio Quality' (my emphasis).
So it is within and beyond the specified range at the same time? How can that be?
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9