The US state of Utah has outlawed the use of other people's trade marks to generate business through search engines. The plan has been called unconstitutional and impractical. In creating a new kind of electronic trade mark with specific online protections, the state hopes to clamp down on one company buying the right to …
Last I looked, Australia prohibited use of competitors brand names. I think as a "copyright" infringment, (rather than as a "passing off" infringment) but it was some time ago. Decision reached as an agreement between Ford and General Motors.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests