The US state of Utah has outlawed the use of other people's trade marks to generate business through search engines. The plan has been called unconstitutional and impractical. In creating a new kind of electronic trade mark with specific online protections, the state hopes to clamp down on one company buying the right to …
Last I looked, Australia prohibited use of competitors brand names. I think as a "copyright" infringment, (rather than as a "passing off" infringment) but it was some time ago. Decision reached as an agreement between Ford and General Motors.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...