Iona, the Irish software house, continued its acquisition spree with the purchase of LogicBlaze on Tuesday. LogicBlaze provides business integration solutions based on open source technologies. In a statement, Iona said its latest acquisition is based on the assumption that its future service oriented architecture (SOA) …
The driver for IONA's buying spree
The reason for IONA's purchases of C24 and LogicBlaze is probably the emergence of a new standard for messaging middleware, namely AMQP, which is being developed by a working group that includes IONA and other firms, including my own little firm. See www.amqp.org.
AMQP is driving the messaging market towards commoditization.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base