Dennis McKenna lasted all of 14 months as CEO of SGI. The server maker today tapped Robert "Bo" Ewald as its new chief. Ewald used to head up Linux Networx, Scale Eight and E-Stamp, so he's quite familiar with CEO duties. The hardware buff also once worked as COO of both SGI and Cray. McKenna guided SGI out of bankruptcy and …
it's hard time, indeed
"SGI is trying to reach outside of its graphics and high performance computing niche to sell to a wide range of customers."
Well, that's f***ing time to do that, honest, since SGI
sank Cray Research back in 1997, on the ground of, if
I recall, reaching number one in computing !
Plus giving away the whole IP of high-end graphics
engine to Nvidia.
Would I be an investor, I wouldn't invest in their share,
with objectives of 2007 being the exact same as 10
years back !
Nail in the Coffin for SGI, hahaha
A CEO that can't even type... did he bring his hench-woman in? Is SGI ready for the round of layoffs that will start? Shouldn't a "serial" CEO be at least capable of typing more than 20wpm... maybe more than 10wpm?
Also, E-Stamps? Learn2? wtf.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait