This week Nokia puts $20m of patent royalties into the pot for Qualcomm for the coming quarter, in the hope of mitigating any damages that might be awarded against it in a patent dispute with Qualcomm over UMTS patents. It triggered this payment to Qualcomm just hours after the US wireless intellectual property giant filed yet …
LOL Broken Patent System
This article show exactly why our legal system is overburdened by a broken patent system. Who benefits by lengthy trials that drain money and energy from the core business? In the end, only the lawyers and as long as they write the laws it will always be this way..
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go