This week Nokia puts $20m of patent royalties into the pot for Qualcomm for the coming quarter, in the hope of mitigating any damages that might be awarded against it in a patent dispute with Qualcomm over UMTS patents. It triggered this payment to Qualcomm just hours after the US wireless intellectual property giant filed yet …
LOL Broken Patent System
This article show exactly why our legal system is overburdened by a broken patent system. Who benefits by lengthy trials that drain money and energy from the core business? In the end, only the lawyers and as long as they write the laws it will always be this way..
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat