This week Nokia puts $20m of patent royalties into the pot for Qualcomm for the coming quarter, in the hope of mitigating any damages that might be awarded against it in a patent dispute with Qualcomm over UMTS patents. It triggered this payment to Qualcomm just hours after the US wireless intellectual property giant filed yet …
LOL Broken Patent System
This article show exactly why our legal system is overburdened by a broken patent system. Who benefits by lengthy trials that drain money and energy from the core business? In the end, only the lawyers and as long as they write the laws it will always be this way..
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great