This week Nokia puts $20m of patent royalties into the pot for Qualcomm for the coming quarter, in the hope of mitigating any damages that might be awarded against it in a patent dispute with Qualcomm over UMTS patents. It triggered this payment to Qualcomm just hours after the US wireless intellectual property giant filed yet …
LOL Broken Patent System
This article show exactly why our legal system is overburdened by a broken patent system. Who benefits by lengthy trials that drain money and energy from the core business? In the end, only the lawyers and as long as they write the laws it will always be this way..
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip