News agency Agence France-Presse entered a ménage à deux today with Google en lieu of a $17.5m lawsuit over its news stories appearing on Google News. Google will pay to use AFP content that drives online traffic to AFP affiliates. Financial details of the dénouement were not disclosed. The contretemps began in March, 2005 …
not a bad deal IMHO
Probably not a bad deal for google, since AFP
is more or less the only independant news channel
remaining in France, nowadays...
Most of the rest belongs to Lagardere, Dassault, Pinault
and Arnault, who takes news off AFP, filters it from
boss personnal interest, and broadcast to the masses.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad