News agency Agence France-Presse entered a ménage à deux today with Google en lieu of a $17.5m lawsuit over its news stories appearing on Google News. Google will pay to use AFP content that drives online traffic to AFP affiliates. Financial details of the dénouement were not disclosed. The contretemps began in March, 2005 …
not a bad deal IMHO
Probably not a bad deal for google, since AFP
is more or less the only independant news channel
remaining in France, nowadays...
Most of the rest belongs to Lagardere, Dassault, Pinault
and Arnault, who takes news off AFP, filters it from
boss personnal interest, and broadcast to the masses.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Even a broken watch is right twice a day: Not an un-charged Apple Watch
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast