News agency Agence France-Presse entered a ménage à deux today with Google en lieu of a $17.5m lawsuit over its news stories appearing on Google News. Google will pay to use AFP content that drives online traffic to AFP affiliates. Financial details of the dénouement were not disclosed. The contretemps began in March, 2005 …
not a bad deal IMHO
Probably not a bad deal for google, since AFP
is more or less the only independant news channel
remaining in France, nowadays...
Most of the rest belongs to Lagardere, Dassault, Pinault
and Arnault, who takes news off AFP, filters it from
boss personnal interest, and broadcast to the masses.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update