Did you get lost while out driving in December? If you did, blame the solar flare that zapped signals sent out by the GPS satellite network to keep travellers travelling in the right direction. According to researchers at New York's Cornell University, two major solar flares observed on 5 and 6 December emitted blasts of radio …
It's obvious what's going on here. Solar flare activity has been increasing ever since mankind developed radio technology. Obviously we're polluting the solar system's electromagnetic climate, and we must be stopped!
A new excuse being formed right now
Sorry I'm late. Bit of a bugger on the way to work - solar flares interfered with the GPS.'
But it does offer a (literal) get-out-of-jail-free card for the MoD when it comes to explain why our boats ended up in Iranian waters.
Pay as you Drive
So when all our cars are locked down with Pay-as-Drive (tracking) systems, and our cars won't start because the GPS network is floored. Then what are we supposed to do? Sit on the drive and admire the dash-panel?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders