back to article Nintendo nudges sales forecast upward

Nintendo now reckons it will sell have sold rather more Wii and DS consoles during its recently closed financial year than it previously suggested, the videogames pioneer announced today. The Japanese company isn't due to publish its results until 26 April, but today it said it expects to report full-year sales of ¥966bn ($8. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Giles Jones Gold badge

They'd sell even more..

If they produced enough consoles to satisfy UK demand.

You can buy PS3 and XBox 360 at most stores, but still no Wii.

2. Wade Burchette

You are still hard-pressed to find a Wii anywhere

Here in the US, you still can't find a Wii either. Demand of the Wii is out-pacing supply everywhere in the world. And who can blame them. It is fun, cheap, and includes a game with it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can't find a Wii

It doesn't surprise me. I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii since January. They fly off the shelves (and websites) as soon as they arrive.

Nobody in their right mind would pay the price of the Playstation 3 just to play more of the same boring FPS games.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As usual

the cheapest and most usable computer wins. The original ibm pcs were worse than the apple macs or the amigas of that time but there were cheaper and eventually had more software. The wii has less power than a ps2 but has more and better games (because of backwards compatibility). The three most seached consoles are the wii and suprisingly the old ps2.

ps: Sony just killed the european ps3 with the missing compatibility chip and the unfinished ps2 emulator. Even apple could do the m68k, ppc, x86 transitions without too many compatiblity problems.

5. Luca Spiller

They are on their way back

I spoke to someone in Game the other day and they said that after Easter they should be getting good levels of stock in. At the moment they have a waiting list of about two weeks for people to get their hands on one, so if you want one get down to your local Game.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: As usual

What are you smoking?

The Wii has less power than the PS2?

No way!

Even Nintendo's previous generation console, the GameCube, is more powerful than the PS2!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like