The ICSTIS has published new regulations (pdf) for TV quizzes which rely on premium-rate phone lines. The regulations, which mandate the provision of more information to callers, are an attempt to restore viewer confidence after a raft of dodgy phone-in scams. The primary change is the addition of an on-screen, near-real-time …
They're missing an opportunity here
They should have said:
'Calls to the ICSTIS Call TV Quiz Services Review: A Revised Statement of Expectations Helpline are charged at 75 pence per minute from a BT landline, other operators' costs may vary. Your call will be charged whether or not your call is answered.'
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER