The ICSTIS has published new regulations (pdf) for TV quizzes which rely on premium-rate phone lines. The regulations, which mandate the provision of more information to callers, are an attempt to restore viewer confidence after a raft of dodgy phone-in scams. The primary change is the addition of an on-screen, near-real-time …
They're missing an opportunity here
They should have said:
'Calls to the ICSTIS Call TV Quiz Services Review: A Revised Statement of Expectations Helpline are charged at 75 pence per minute from a BT landline, other operators' costs may vary. Your call will be charged whether or not your call is answered.'
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!