The ICSTIS has published new regulations (pdf) for TV quizzes which rely on premium-rate phone lines. The regulations, which mandate the provision of more information to callers, are an attempt to restore viewer confidence after a raft of dodgy phone-in scams. The primary change is the addition of an on-screen, near-real-time …
They're missing an opportunity here
They should have said:
'Calls to the ICSTIS Call TV Quiz Services Review: A Revised Statement of Expectations Helpline are charged at 75 pence per minute from a BT landline, other operators' costs may vary. Your call will be charged whether or not your call is answered.'
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan