A disturbing presentation slide from Big Blau has shifted the delivery date of IBM's Power6 chip from mid-2007 to “to come,” seeming to confirm that suspicions of Power6 issues are correct. Over the past few weeks, IBM has been holding technology discussions in Germany, disclosing information on its Power-based server line. The …
Teutonic Stealth in Fab Dresden...AIMD Quantum Leaping over Intel
"Of course, the Germans may have just been too casual with their slideware. They are an imprecise people after all. ®" ... Crikey, Ashlee, that was a loaded paragraph.:-) Are you Phishing for more on that Qum and/or Ulm thing?
What you can be sure of, is that what IT says IT can do, IT does. That is how imprecise the Germans are.......and in the East they have the advantage of being XXXXtremely Sociable too.:-)
Dual Core does seem a bit shady.
Certainly, with 3.0 GHz quad-core consumer machines coming from Apple, IBM isn't looking rosy with their chips at the moment. I do, however, believe that it will take more than a 5GHz chip to compete with the plethora of cores that Intel seems apt to place on its silicon.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs