A disturbing presentation slide from Big Blau has shifted the delivery date of IBM's Power6 chip from mid-2007 to “to come,” seeming to confirm that suspicions of Power6 issues are correct. Over the past few weeks, IBM has been holding technology discussions in Germany, disclosing information on its Power-based server line. The …
Teutonic Stealth in Fab Dresden...AIMD Quantum Leaping over Intel
"Of course, the Germans may have just been too casual with their slideware. They are an imprecise people after all. ®" ... Crikey, Ashlee, that was a loaded paragraph.:-) Are you Phishing for more on that Qum and/or Ulm thing?
What you can be sure of, is that what IT says IT can do, IT does. That is how imprecise the Germans are.......and in the East they have the advantage of being XXXXtremely Sociable too.:-)
Dual Core does seem a bit shady.
Certainly, with 3.0 GHz quad-core consumer machines coming from Apple, IBM isn't looking rosy with their chips at the moment. I do, however, believe that it will take more than a 5GHz chip to compete with the plethora of cores that Intel seems apt to place on its silicon.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Feature Reg man builds smart home rig, gains SUPREME CONTROL of DOMAIN – Pics