The experiences of IBM staff who served in the 2003 invasion of Iraq have prompted the tech giant to donate language translation technology to the US military. IBM said it is making a humanitarian donation to the United States government of 1,000 two-way translation devices and 10,000 copies of linguistic software. This system …
Well that'll be good when....
when the speech recognition doesn't quite gel with what's actually being said how long before someone gets insulted with fatal consequences?
Hmmm, so basically IBM are saying that they think the situation is f**ked up in Iraq that these no point keeping this stuff for after the war!
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan