The long-anticipated robot police are in action at last. Old-fashioned fleshy cops in Hingham, Massachusetts, were forced to call in mechanised assistance on Saturday as a tense siege situation spiralled out of control. "A five-hour standoff between police and a 23-year-old Hingham man barricaded inside an apartment ended... …
Hilarious - and scary.
This is wonderful! One drunk with a knife and suddenly an army of heavily-armed policemen is in play. Any parallels with America's policy in the Middle East here?
So what did the robot actually do?
Apart from arriving on the scene, requiring help from a human, and taking all the credit, did the robot assist in any way?
I'd also like to know why gun-toting police and robot-equipped bomb disposal crew were necessary for a drunk guy who chucked a knife into a wall, but hey-ho, only in America.
Alice's Restaurant revisited?
The level of attention and police presence is very reminiscent of Arlo Guthrie's song "Alice's Restaurant". Similar setup, too -- a small Massachusetts town.
this is what hapens in small town america with a bored police dept. Simple traffic stop can turn into a swat action.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders