Astronomers using the Spitzer space telescope have discovered that, contrary to expectations, twin-star systems are actually more likely to have indictors of planetary systems than single stars are. The discovery has got everyone very excited because it means Luke Skywalker's home world, with its double sun, is not a total* …
...published on the first of April?
Is it possible that a planet could take a figure of eight orbit around the two stars in a binary system?
re: orbital paths
It is believed unlikely. But it was thought nigh impossible for planets to form around binary systems...
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen