Astronomers using the Spitzer space telescope have discovered that, contrary to expectations, twin-star systems are actually more likely to have indictors of planetary systems than single stars are. The discovery has got everyone very excited because it means Luke Skywalker's home world, with its double sun, is not a total* …
...published on the first of April?
Is it possible that a planet could take a figure of eight orbit around the two stars in a binary system?
re: orbital paths
It is believed unlikely. But it was thought nigh impossible for planets to form around binary systems...
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9