Astronomers using the Spitzer space telescope have discovered that, contrary to expectations, twin-star systems are actually more likely to have indictors of planetary systems than single stars are. The discovery has got everyone very excited because it means Luke Skywalker's home world, with its double sun, is not a total* …
...published on the first of April?
Is it possible that a planet could take a figure of eight orbit around the two stars in a binary system?
re: orbital paths
It is believed unlikely. But it was thought nigh impossible for planets to form around binary systems...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS