Allegations in contravention of the Fraud Act 2006 ?
These allegations against the "file sharers" and the associated threatening letter may be in breach of the wording of the Fraud Act 2006 (i'd love to see a solicitor clarify !)
Fraud by false representation (Fraud Act 2006)
(1) A person is in breach of this section if he-
(a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and
(b) intends, by making the representation-
(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or
(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
(2) A representation is false if-
(a) it is untrue or misleading, and
(b) the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or
(3) "Representation" means any representation as to fact or law,
including a representation as to the state of mind of-
(a) the person making the representation, or
(b) any other person.
(4) A representation may be express or implied.
(5) For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention)."