Feeds

back to article Japanese net suicide pact murderer to hang

A Japanese man who arranged suicide pacts via the internet with three people he subsequently killed has been sentenced to death, AFP reports. Hiroshi Maeue, 38, met a 25-year-old woman online and "proposed that they kill themselves together". However, when they entered the car chosen to host the suicide, he "bound her with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Death penalty?

Japan has the death penalty? I wonder just how "swift and certain" it will be. In Tejas it takes us an average of nine years, but a recent execution took place after almost 25 years.

It certainly sounds like the court took the heinousness of the crime into consideration. At least one of the murders sounds like a kidnap/murder, which should carry the death penalty every where.

dillon in Tejas, where we put 'em to sleep Tuesdays at 6pm.

Huh?

The most shocking thing for me in this story is the revelation that Japan has the death penalty.

You live and learn.

Reminds me of an only fools gag

Rodney: "What are those things called that kill themselves"

Del Boy: "The Japanese?"

Rodney: "Nahh, Lemmings"

Insane?

A court-ordered examination confirmed Maeue did not suffer "any mental disorder and that he was mentally competent".

Huh? so this is what "sane" people do then....

Anonymous Coward

Hanging!

Hanging? ...Will they make a Japanese lantern out him so his backlit Yakuza tattoos will brighten up the prison recreation room?

I fully expected him to be offered a televised Sepuku, or maybe have him filleted with a sushi knife on Iron Chef TV. Hangings are so boring! They could even send him to Iraq and cut him loose on a Baghdad street with a ** Screw the Sunni's and Shiite's, God Bless George Bush ** sign around his neck.

I think at one time we in America during the 1960's pondered dumping these types out on 110th street in Harlem with a Lester Maddox for President sign on them and let nature take it's course

Banzai Banzai Banzai

Are they putting it on the Web ..

Are they putting it on the Web ..

This topic is closed for new posts.