Canuckia gets tough The controversy in Canada surrounding the expansion of online gambling took another turn this week as the attorney general of Alberta weighed in on the recent attempt by the Alexander First Nation to begin offering the same online gambling services as the Kahnawake tribe in Quebec. The Kahnawake of Quebec …
The tribe still falls under the Canadian criminal code, and the code forbids gaming operations not licensed by a provincial government.
"I'm not concerned about another Oka (where a standoff with armed Mohawks left one mountie dead). All that concerns me is defending the law," said solicitor general Fred Lindsay. "I understand the band has special rights. But they still fall under the Criminal Code of Canada. I expect them to abide by the law. If they don't, we will do what we have to do. We'll (lay charges). You bet."
I hope he wasn't "inducing illegal gambling" with the his closing "You bet".
Not every Canadian Policeman is a mountie
>(where a standoff with armed Mohawks left one mountie dead).
The officer in question was a Quebec provincal policeman.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst