A microscopic animal has shown its ability to evolve without reproduction, thereby refuting "the idea that sex is necessary for diversification into evolutionary species', the Times reports. That's according to an international team of researchers, including experts from Imperial College London, the University of Cambridge, and …
They wouldn't be the first
They wouldn't be the first group of females to be so desperate they hang around a louse!!
Desperate Louse Wives?
I can see the excusses now
Sex starved men all over the world will be hearing,
' the bdelloid can go without sex for 100 million years, so can you!'
Famn those scientists!
To do without
Perhaps, albeit technically, it is now possible for other species to think about doing away with males altogether... perhaps ;)
Who'd get the spiders out of the bath?
Doing it right?
Although us chicks may joke about doing away with the male species all together, lets face it we all enjoy the act of reproduction ... dont you think evolution has something to do with the endorphin rush? And if you suffer from Arachnophobia, try some Neurolinguistic programming to fix it, don't waste a mans time when he could be helping you boost those endorphin levels :-)
100 million years without a shag
Some of us get it even less often
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers