The Falcon 1 "budget" rocket developed by PayPal founder Elon Musk finally made it to space early this morning (GMT) - a tad under a year after a previous launch attempt ended in disaster. The 21-metre Space Exploration Technologies rocket blasted off at 2110 EDT yesterday (0110 GMT Wednesday) from Omelek Island in the Marshall …
Falcon 1 - useful payload 640kg; hmmm....
What does a Reliant Robin weigh?
The weight of an unladen robin
According to this site here, http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=108922 the Robin weighs about 400kg.
If you happened to spend the 7 million USD to put one in space, it'd definitely be the fastest Reliant Robin ever.
I think Mike has been watching too much top gear
Definitely too much Top Gear...
But hell it was a funny show that one.
It's a very educational show ;)
In my defence, I'd like to point out that the hail dents that have grounded Shuttle Atlantis wouldn't have stopped an orbital Reliant Robin.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs