The Falcon 1 "budget" rocket developed by PayPal founder Elon Musk finally made it to space early this morning (GMT) - a tad under a year after a previous launch attempt ended in disaster. The 21-metre Space Exploration Technologies rocket blasted off at 2110 EDT yesterday (0110 GMT Wednesday) from Omelek Island in the Marshall …
Falcon 1 - useful payload 640kg; hmmm....
What does a Reliant Robin weigh?
The weight of an unladen robin
According to this site here, http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=108922 the Robin weighs about 400kg.
If you happened to spend the 7 million USD to put one in space, it'd definitely be the fastest Reliant Robin ever.
I think Mike has been watching too much top gear
Definitely too much Top Gear...
But hell it was a funny show that one.
It's a very educational show ;)
In my defence, I'd like to point out that the hail dents that have grounded Shuttle Atlantis wouldn't have stopped an orbital Reliant Robin.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland